Sunday, April 29, 2012
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
jake and marra
Sunday, February 19, 2012
GOTHAM, filter is
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Welcome the Year of the Water Dragon
We are starting to count down to the Lunar New Year on 23rd January 2012 （农历新年）. This is followed by the Arrival of Spring （立春）on 4th February 2012 which marks the official arrival of the Dragon year.
It is the year of the Dragon and for the Chinese, as well as anyone who believes in the mystical qualities of this flying leviathan, 2012 is the perfect year to get married, give birth to a kid or if they’re feeling particularly productive, achieve both at the same time.
I personally remember this as they say "dragon baby". I was born on 11 June 1982 and that makes me a Dog baby.
People born in the Dog years are said to be in direct conflict against the year. Changes and challenges are likely and they are likely to experience movements such as shifting homes and changing of jobs. Dragons on the other hand, suffer from a self-penalty which creates disharmony, worries and a tendency to make silly mistakes. The exposure to poisoning, contagious diseases, mountainous accidents and water disasters all make up for a year of uncertainty. Ox and Goat are also not spared from the risks of ill health.
1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006
Positive traits: Honest, intelligent, straightforward, loyal, has a sense of justice and fair play, attractive, amicable, unpretentious, sociable, open-minded, idealistic, moralistic, practical, affectionate, sensitive, easy going.
Negative traits: Can be cynical, lazy, cold, judgmental, pessimistic, a worrier, stubborn, quarrelsome.
Forecast: 2012 is a cosmic clash between Dogs and the Year of the Dragon because of the presence of the Grand Duke. Disputes from love and relationships to progress in work will be constant throughout the year.
Cosmic advice: Dogs must be extra sensitive to their surroundings and keep a low profile so they can prevent further disputes. It’s not a time for indulgence so Dogs should be more selective on their expenditures.
All signs should avoid wearing pure black or pure white as those colors refer to the dead. Zodiac signs that should avoid burials are the Yin Fire Ox, Yin Earth Goat, Metal Ox, Earth Dragon, Golden Dog and Fire Dog.
- To attract more wealth, homes should have the following charms (available at Feng Shui stores): Treasure Bowl, Vivacious Prince of Wealth and a Flying Golden Pei Yau.
- To have luck in your career, display a Jade Dragonhead Fish charm in your place of work.
- To be safe at all times, carry a Safety Medallion or a Jade Master Protection Pendant.
- For health protection, wear a Health Medallion at all times.
- To be lucky in romance and relationships, display the Romance Bucket, Brass Happy Couple and Mandarin Duck charms.
- In order to improve overall luck, carry the Benefactor Jade.
read full articles from:
Welcome the Year of the Water Dragon
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
do yourself a favor
When you catch yourself comparing yourself to a colleague, neighbor, friend, or someone famous, stop! Realize that you are different, with different strengths – strengths these other people don’t possess. Take a moment to reflect on all the awesome abilities you have and to be grateful for all the good things in your life.
The problem with many of us is that we think we’ll be happy when we reach a certain level in life — a level we see others operating at – your boss with her corner office, that friend of a friend who owns a mansion on the beach, etc. Unfortunately, it takes awhile before you get there, and when you get there you might have a new destination in mind.
Instead, appreciate where you are and what you have right now. Try comparing yourself to those who have less, those who are dealing with tragedy, and those who are struggling to survive. Hopefully it opens your eyes to all the things you should be grateful for.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?continue reading http://www.marcandangel.com/2009/07/13/50-questions-that-will-free-your-mind/
Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse – A powerful story about the importance of life experiences as they relate to approaching an understanding of reality and attaining enlightenment.
1984 by George Orwell – 1984 still holds chief significance nearly 60 years after it was written in 1949. It is widely acclaimed for its haunting vision of an all-knowing government which uses pervasive, 24/7 surveillance tactics to manipulate all citizens of the populace.
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee – The story surveys the controversial issues of race and economic class in the 1930’s Deep South via a court case of a black man charged with the rape and abuse of a young white girl. It’s a moving tale that delivers a profound message about fighting for justice and against prejudice.
A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess – A nightmarish vision of insane youth culture that depicts heart wrenching insight into the life of a disturbed adolescent. This novel will blow you away… leaving you breathless, livid, thrilled, and concerned.
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway – A short, powerful contemplation on death, ideology and the incredible brutality of war. continue reading http://www.marcandangel.com/2008/08/11/30-books-everyone-should-read-before-their-30th-birthday/
Today, at the age of 70, my grandfather graduated from college with a bachelor’s degree in business studies. He’s been a successful business owner most of his life, but he told me he earned his degree to fulfill a promise he made to his mother before she lost her battle with cancer 50 years ago. MMT
Today, my mom is a healthy 54 year old who successfully owns and operates a popular bakery downtown – a goal she had all her life. 15 years ago she was diagnosed with cancer. In the face of death, she quit her store clerk job, opened the bakery, started chemo therapy, and succeeded on all fronts. MMT
Today, after I watched my dog get run over by a car, I sat on the side of the road holding him and crying. And just before he died, he licked the tears off my face. MMT
Today, as a young ‘up and coming’ lawyer, everyone in the firm was congratulating me for winning my first big case this morning. And all day long all I could think about is how I used a technicality in the law to help a murderer walk away a free man. MMT
continue reading http://www.marcandangel.com/2010/12/27/101-short-stories-that-will-leave-you-smiling-crying-and-thinking/
AND A LOT MORE. Visit their website and fall in love and prepare to be moved. Thank you Marc and Angel.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
tour around BALI
* we stayed at Quest Hotel Kuta Central, which i highly recommend for very clean premises and friendly and english speaking staff. not to mention our efficient tour guide Gusti. this guy had my respect, you wouldn't believe how much he is earning a month as a tourist guide. u probably just spending it for one day. it is really not surprising though, but then when we asked him why not consider going abroad to work and earn more, he just bluntly said in very simple english "no, my family is here" and we were like.. dead air. by the way, he has not been to any other place aside from Bali, not even Jakarta. im telling this not because i am too proud but rather i am amazingly loving and respecting his simplicity. i guess it is already rare to come across with someone like Gusti.
* i will definitely go back to Bali. our vacation was not enough. we were not able to kiss Bali beach's sand and see how's the night life.
* here are some photos taken by yours truely (mostly). sorry im so tamad to put captions, Lol! anyway, photos indeed speak a thousand words. and i realized this is my first blog post for 2012. Happy new year everyone!